On Wii U, Mario Kart 8 had 14 characters that unlocked in a random order as you completed cups. (Technically, it wasn’t completely random since the eighth character to unlock was always the Mii.)
Can you unlock Mario Kart 8 characters?
You can unlock characters by getting Gold Trophies in Grand Prix mode, and you can unlock karts and parts by collecting Coins.
Does Mario Kart 8 Deluxe have unlockable characters?
However, the Deluxe version on Switch features all of the original and DLC characters from the Wii U version unlocked from the start, so you can pick your favourite driver straight away. The only unlockable character (of sorts) is Gold Mario, which is actually a variant of Metal Mario.
What can you unlock in Mario Kart 8?
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Unlockables – How to Unlock Gold Parts
- Unlock Gold Standard kart: Win every Cup with a single star on both 150cc and Mirror Mode in Grand Prix.
- Unlock Gold Tires: Beat every Staff Ghost Racer in Time Trial competing at 150cc.
- Unlock Gold Glider: Collect 10,000 coins.
Is everything already unlocked in Mario Kart 8?
Unlike the Wii U version — or most multiplayer-centric games — Mario Kart 8 Deluxe comes with pretty much all the content already unlocked.
How do you cheat on Mario Kart 8?
6 Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Cheats
- Right after the ‘2’ appears in the start-of-race countdown, hold ‘A’ to get an acceleration boost.
- When speeding over a jump or bump, press the ‘R’ button at the top. …
- Drifting is an easy peasy mid-race speed boost. …
- If you are in first place, hold down the ‘L’ trigger to trail a shell behind you.
Who is the fastest character on Mario Kart 8?
Best Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Characters
|Donkey Kong, Roy, Waluigi||4.5||20.75|
|Wario, Dry Bowser||4.75||20.75|
|Metal/Gold Mario, Pink Gold Peach||4.25||21.5|
How Do You Get Funky Kong?
You can unlock Funky Kong by unlocking at least four expert staff ghosts or play 2,250 races.
There are three ways of doing this :
- Unlock any 4 Expert Staff Ghost Data in Time Trials.
- Win 25 WFC Ghost Races. …
- Play 2,250 combined races/battles.
Do you need 3 stars to get gold Mario?
The new Gold Mario is one of the game’s toughest challenges. While not confirmed, it’s assumed you can simply win them – and not have to get three stars – on each cup in order to unlock Gold Mario. … Gold Standard kart: Win every Cup with a single star on both 150cc and Mirror Mode in Grand Prix.
How many coins does it take to unlock everything in mk8 Deluxe?
For every 50 coins you get, you’ll unlock a new piece. But once you hit 550 coins, unlocks happen every 100 coins.
Will there be a Mario Kart 9?
Mario Kart 9 is rumoured to be coming to a Nintendo Switch near you in Q3 2021. However, possibly not the Switch that you currently own. This release period actually makes a lot of sense as it would coincide with the rumoured release of the Nintendo Switch Pro.
What is the best build in Mario Kart 8?
Best Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Character Kart Combo – How to Build the Best Kart
- Character: Any Level 3 Heavy, such as Bowser, Wario, or Morton.
- Kart: Pipeframe, Blue Falcon and Streetle are ideal as it gives good speed but doesn’t skimp on friction.
- Tires: Slick.
Do characters matter in Mario Kart 8?
Mario Kart 8 characters and kart combinations is important for mastering the game and getting the best possible times, whether in harder cups, time trials or online – and if you want to steamroll over your friends locally, of course.
Does Mario Kart 8 Deluxe have DLC?
Mario Kart 8 DLC 2 now available. The second DLC pack for the Mario Kart 8 game featuring new characters, tracks, and more has been released!
How do you get golden Mario?
To unlock Gold Mario, first you’ll have to progress through the 50cc, 100cc and 150cc Grand Prix cups normally to unlock the 200cc races. Then, you’ll have to take first place in all of those Grand Prix cups as well. Once you pull that off, Gold Mario will replace Metal Mario on the character select screen.
What happens when you get all 3 stars in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe?
Qualifying for three stars in Mario Kart 8 Deluxe will net you a gold trophy.